Saturday, June 6, 2015

Beat the Heat: Summer Weekend get away from Bangalore

        Being targeted by the ferocious Sun, I was in search of cool pleasant place to tackle the heat war of the Sun. Fortunately got some info in google about the place named GANALU which is nearly 90km from Bangalore. Ganalu is a hamlet where you can find couple of water falls created by river Kaveri amid Kaveri valley. There are no sign boards along the path which leads to falls. All you need to do is stop your vehicle and ask villagers for the directions.
         It was Sunday early morning 5 am, I decided to take my Royal En-field out and geared up for the swift ride. Path which I took is Bangalore-Mysore road-Bidadi-Ramanagara-Channapattana-Halagur-Ganalu. Till Halagur the road condition is very good and I was not in the mood to ride below 80 KMPH :) . Around 6 am I stopped my bike at Bidadi to have the breakfast. Bidadi Idly is very famous amongst the riders who frequently cruise between Mysore and Bangalore. Then I headed straight to Halagur via Channapattana. Took diversion at Halagur which leads to very famous Bheemeshwari fishing camp and Muthathi in the Kaveri vicinity. At some point I received wrong guidance by the villager and missed the diversion to Ganalu. He presumed that I was asking for Bheemeshwari camp and guided towards it. Due to which I took almost 10 km detour to reach exact location, Ganalu. So, be specific about your destination when seeking guidance :).




Early Morning view : 


           Last stretch of 3-4 km is full of mud and loose gravels. If your vehicle is not ready to take up the challenge, then better park it in the nearby village and trek all the way. I took my En-field till the entrance of the falls. Though the water level was not up to the expectation, beauty of the surrounding was fantastic. Kaveri River gushes on the black big boulder from the height of almost 100 meters and creates the falls. Beside the falls there are few hillocks, full of green meadows which can give your eyes a soothing effect that can be cherished and remembered for very long time. I enjoyed serene beauty of Mother Nature for almost an hour and it was time to return back.









            On my return journey I found a canal and who else in the world would miss an opportunity to jump into it and beat the heat? After taking a dip, I felt rejuvenated and completely energized. Water was very clean and cold. I was not in the mood to come out from the water. Finally I realized that, I have to attend the office next day at Chennai and need to catch the evening train for that to happen. With great pain I was forced to bid adieu for the place and return back to office on the very next day :(. 





Totally it was an enchanting journey which gave me a great pleasure and energy. If you want to get rid of city life at least for a day, take your vehicle out and explore such pristine beauty of nature. Keep travelling :).

No comments:

Post a Comment